Pastoral care has become a vital aspect of independent schools, which are taking great pride in nurturing their pupils. To be in line with trends in modern schools, the International School of Lusaka has introduced Pastoral Care to its curriculum.
I would like to introduce myself as the Pastoral Coordinator for secondary (year 7-11).
One of the main goals of the Pastoral Coordinator will be to support the development of best tutor practice at the International School of Lusaka. In order to enable faculty to perform their duties we will aim to:
- Enable each pupil to attain their own potential academically and socially.
- Ensure that each pupil has access to personal, social, health and academic guidance and support where necessary.
- Provide opportunities for and encourage pupils to exercise individual and social responsibility.
- Promote in pupils the self-awareness and self-confidence that they need to face the challenges, both academic and personal, that are placed on them.
- Create a caring environment where pupils are valued for who they are, not just for what they can do.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate relationship with every parent, so that together we can help to prepare the children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Please contact me, through your child’s tutor for any academic, social and personal concerns.
Looking forward to a productive and prosperous academic year.
Inonge Barbara Chifuka, Pastoral Coordinator (Years 7-11)